Welcome, and thanks for joining the C-section recovery community!
This program was designed to help MOMS all over the world understand about their recovery process after having a C-section and how scars impact their daily activities.
Are you someone that has been dealing with nagging pelvic pain and don’t know why?
It’s easy to think “oh, it’s just an ache and will go away tomorrow.”
Even worse maybe you think “it’s normal” because you just had a baby or it’s just because you’re a mom.
Is that how you feel right now?
If so, you’re not alone. In fact, every day at OrthoPelvic Physical Therapy we are helping people all over the world. You see, with a C-section scar, everyone asks us the same questions….
Is it ok for me to touch my incision?
Should I even look at my scar?
Will the scar rip open on me..?
Do I have scar tissue?
Why do I have random pelvic pain?
Why isn’t this Pelvic/ abdominal pain going away?
Am I going to have to live like this forever?
Unfortunately, there is a lot of bad information out there that causes people to live with Pelvic girdle dysfunction pain for way too long. Here are the most common mistakes we see people all over the U.S. make when it comes to C-section scars.
- Mistake #1: If I don’t look at it, it doesn’t exist.
- Mistake #2: Believing the scar will just heal and no scar tissue will form.
- Mistake #3: Assuming scar tissue is a normal part of being a mom.
- Mistake #4: Believing that your abdominals will just turn back on after the baby.
- Mistake #5: Searching on “Dr.Google” or Youtube for exercises that didn’t make any difference (or maybe even made your scar/ pain worse).
If any of this has happened to you, we want to say we are sorry… but remind you that you are not alone. In fact, we have people just like you reach out to us every day and that’s why we created this C-section to Recovery guide to help guide you through your journey of healing and return back to the activities you love.
This is a downloadable guide that includes information and video links. Upon purchase, you will be instructed on how to download the guide.