What does an appt at OrthoPelvic Physical Therapy look like?
Check out this video we made as an overview and continue reading below to learn the answers to our most common questions
How long is a session?
Each session is 1 hour in length
What can you expect out of the first session?
- Talk on the phone to see if you are a right fit for our clinic
- In-person evaluation and discussion about issues you are experiencing
- Review the human anatomy to gain an understanding of your condition
- Perform a movement screen (athletic attire)
- Assess Posture and muscles of the entire body (athletic attire)
- Internal pelvic exam- if warranted/comfortable with ( Draped appropriately)
- Provide a clear path to transition you back to your goal
- Begin a therapeutic journey with you in control of your destination
What is Pelvic floor Physical Therapy?
Pelvic floor Physical Therapy is not JUST KEGELS… actually, it’s a lot more than that.
You have a group of muscles that support your organs (bladder, rectum, prostate, uterus) and these muscles support your organs like a hammock. These muscles have a fascial connection all the way up to your diaphragm. This means that your abdominal muscles and your pelvic floor muscles have to work together to make the pelvic floor dynamic. As a Pelvic Health PT, we look at the abdominals, inner thigh, low back, and hips.
What is Orthopedic Physical Therapy?
Orthopedic Physical Therapy is anything that has to do with joints, muscles, and nerves throughout the body except the pelvis.
Be empowered in education!
OrthoPelvic Physical Therapy