Afraid you won’t make it to the other side without getting wet?
We can help you achieve that goal! 80% of postpartum moms and MANY women who are not postpartum deal with leakage. It’s not normal but common and very treatable!
Some of the treatments Pelvic Health PTs use are:
- Pelvic floor strengthening (commonly done after the lengthening phase of PT)
- Teaching you “Knack” exercises
- Neuro re-education of the pelvic floor muscles (which commonly shutdown after trauma such as childbirth and surgery)
- Bladder logs 📝
- Retraining your bladder
- Drinking enough water 💦
- Treating constipation 💩
- Limiting bladder irritants 🍷 ☕️ 🥤 🧃 🍊
- Educating you on toilet best practices (relaxing not straining!!)🚽
- Massage to supporting muscles
If you’d like to learn more but not sure you can commit to in-person PT (or don’t live near any), we also have a Stop Leakage 4-Week Recovery Plan available for purchase containing education, exercises, and many videos on how to stop your leakage!
Be empowered in education,
OrthoPelvic Physical Therapy